Legal Assistant – Lancaster, Brooks & Welch LLP
Role: Legal Assistant – Family Law
We are Niagara’s oldest law firm (1882), located in St Catharines – our established, and respected family law department is expanding. We are seeking a legal assistant to support the day-to-day activities of a lawyer whose primary responsibility is Family Law.
This role requires a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Family Law Act and Family Law rules, court procedures including filing deadlines and initiative to work independently with a strong attention to detail.
Responsibilities will include:
- Calendar and schedule management
- Maintaining daily contact with clients and courts in a professional manner
- Preparation and drafting of correspondence and documents, where necessary
- Data entry and data management
- Prepare legal documents and/or correspondence for review
- Assist lawyer(s) with trial and hearing preparation
- Monitors proceedings for updates, schedules, and deadlines
- Perform various administrative functions, including but not limited to, conflict checks, maintain and organize client files and client lists
- Billing and collection of accounts
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College diploma
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for liaising with clients, lawyers and court offices
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills, strong initiative and exceptional ability to work in a team-oriented atmosphere
- Strong technical skills (including Microsoft Office and DivorceMate)
- Ability to prioritize and focus.
Job Type: Full-time employment, Health and Dental Benefits, Competitive Salary
To Apply for this Job: Please send resume to email@example.com