Lancaster Brooks & Welch LLP are Niagara’s Lawyers since 1882, and we are proud to be a part of this community. We are very proud of the staff that are a part of the LBW family. We enjoy and appreciate the skills and talents of seasoned administrative professionals, including legal clerks, legal assistants, and administrative and accounting staff. We are rewarded by the long tenure of staff working within our legal teams, many in excess of 15 years.
We work hard, and help each other. Our admin teams dig in and do great work supporting the lawyers and clients at LBW.
If you think you are up to the task and wish to join the winning team at LBW – please go to our current positions to apply for a role.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide accommodations in line with the AODA and HRC throughout the recruitment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process please contact email@example.com
Open Administrative Positions:
DESCRIPTION: Legal Assistant – Real Estate
Responsibilities will include:
- Be a self-starter who is capable of working both independently and in a group setting
- Possess excellent oral & written skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Possess strong organizational skills and must be able to complete a file from opening to reporting
- Proficient computer skills with knowledge of Word, Outlook, Law firm software as required
Real Estate – Residential
- Ability to communicate with clients, lenders and other legal offices directly.
- Ability to work in both team and individual settings.
- Ability to prepare initial client correspondence & requisition letters
- Familiarity of all title insurance companies
- Preparation of Residential loan documents
- Registration of documents & preparation of reporting letters to all various Lenders
- Proficient in both Teraview, and Lawyer Done Deal
We require a candidate with 4- 6 years’ experience working as a real estate legal assistant within a busy law firm.
Job Type: Full-time employment
Salary: Competitive Salary
To Apply for this Job: Apply by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
DESCRIPTION: Legal Assistant – Family Department – Located in St Catharines
Responsibilities will include:
- Calendar and schedule management
- Maintaining daily contact with clients and courts in a professional manner
- Preparation and drafting of correspondence and documents, where necessary
- Data entry and data management
- Prepare legal documents and/or correspondence for review
- Assist lawyer(s) with trial and hearing preparation
- Monitors proceedings for updates, schedules, and deadlines
- Perform various administrative functions, including but not limited to, conflict checks, maintain and organize client files and client lists
- Billing and collection of accounts
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College diploma
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for liaising with clients, lawyers and court offices
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills, strong initiative and exceptional ability to work in a team-oriented atmosphere
- Strong technical skills (including Microsoft Office and DivorceMate)
- Ability to prioritize and focus.
Job Type: Full-time employment, Health and Dental Benefits, Competitive Salary
To Apply for this Job: Please send resume to email@example.com