Mike attended Wallaceburg District Secondary School in Wallaceburg, Ontario before attending the University of Western Ontario. He obtained an LLB at the University of Ottawa in 1973 and was called to the Bar in 1974.
Mike joined the firm of Brooks, Macfarlane after his call to the Bar and in 1977 he joined the firm of Forestell, Talmage & Hugill. In 1985, he became a partner in the firm of Talmage, Stratton & Latinovich and most recently was a partner in the firm of Talmage, Stratton & DiFiore.
He has extensive experience in civil litigation and concentrates in the areas of matrimonial law, construction liens, estates litigation and commercial litigation.
He has appeared before all levels of courts in Ontario including the Court of Appeal and he has acted in complex litigation matters.
Mike is a founding member of the Niagara Collaborative Law Group and he has training and experience in collaborative law as a process of resolving matrimonial disputes.
- Member – Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member – Lincoln County Law Association
- Member - Niagara Collaborative Law Group
- Member - Canadian Bar Association
- Member - Welland County Law Association
- Member - Welland City Law Association
- Area Legal Aid Committee for Niagara South (and Past Chairman) (1976 – 2005)
- Past President and Member of the Board of Directors of Family & Children’s Services Niagara
- Past President and Member of the Board of Directors of Big Brothers of Welland County Inc.