Malte obtained a law degree (LL.B.) from the University of Western Ontario in 1964, and was called to the Bar in 1966. He was appointed Queen’s Counsel (Q.C.) in 1985
Malte was a Partner in the firm Dolisny, Chorozy & von Anrep from 1966-1968, and a Partner in Chorozy & von Anrep from 1968-1974. He then became a Partner of the firm von Anrep & Repei until 1985, when he joined the firm of Lancaster, Mix and Welch (now Lancaster Brooks & Welch LLP) as a Partner.
From 1968 to 1984, Malte served as a part-time Small Claims Civil Court Judge.
He has had extensive involvement in all court levels, including Federal Court, Superior Court of Justice, Ontario Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada. Malte is certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada as a Specialist in Civil Litigation (1988-present). He is also a qualified arbitrator
- Member – Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member – Lincoln County Law Association
- Member – Canadian Bar Association
- President – Lincoln County Law Association (1984)
- Member – Area Committee for Legal Aid (1974-2010)