Civita received her Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) from Brock University in 2007 focusing on Political Sciences. She obtained her Juris Doctor (J.D.) in 2010 from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Oakland University, Michigan.
Civita was called to the Ontario Bar in 2012.
After completing her articles with Lancaster Brooks & Welch and her call to the Ontario Bar, Civita accepted an Associate position with Lancaster Brooks & Welch in the Labour and Employment Law Group. Since then she has joined Leanne Standryk in acting for a variety of employers and employees both in the private, charitable, not for profit and public sector and has gained experienced in the full range of employment and labour issues affecting the Firm’s management clients including employment contract issues, terminations, labour relations, contract negotiation, wrongful dismissal, workplace privacy issues, occupational health and safety, policy development etc.
- Member- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member- Lincoln County Law Association
- Member- Canadian Bar Association
- Design for New Tomorrow: Director, Chair
- Hernder Picasso’s Foundation Golf Tournament: Committee Member
- Courts in the Classroom: Facilitator
- YMCA Niagara: Director
- Niagara Health Foundation: Director