We welcome great talent, if you if wish to send us your resume for consideration for a future role not yet posted, we would be pleased to review it.
Open Administrative Positions:
DESCRIPTION: Legal Assistant – Real Estate
Role: Legal Assistant – Real Estate
We are Niagara’s oldest law firm (1882), located in St Catharines – our very established, and respected real estate department is seeking an experienced RE assistant to join team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Be a self-starter who is capable of working both independently and in a group setting
- Possess excellent oral & written skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Possess strong organizational skills and must be able to complete a file from opening to reporting
- Proficient computer skills with knowledge of Word, Outlook, Law firm software as required
Real Estate – Residential
- Ability to communicate with clients, lenders and other legal offices directly.
- Ability to work in both team and individual settings.
- Ability to prepare initial client correspondence & requisition letters
- Familiarity of all title insurance companies
- Preparation of Residential loan documents
- Registration of documents & preparation of reporting letters to all various Lenders
- Proficient in both Teraview, and Lawyer Done Deal
We require a candidate with 4- 6 years’ experience working as a real estate legal assistant within a busy law firm.
To Apply for this Job:
Apply by sending email to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in our Firm.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide accommodations in line with the AODA and HRC throughout the recruitment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Legal position/s:
Open Administrative positions:
Law Clerk: Wills and Estates
Lancaster Brooks & Welch LLP is seeking a candidate for the position of Wills and Estates Law Clerk.
- Administration of Estates and Trusts;
- Prepares legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for legal forms and documents, including SCJ Applications, documents, Briefs, Factums, Books of Authorities, and other pleadings, for use at Applications for Certificates of Appointment, Passing of Accounts, Examinations, Pre-Trial Conferences, Trials, Appeals, and other attendances;
- Assembles precedent and case materials by collecting, organizing, and summarizing information, documents, reports, evidence, statues, regulations, and court opinions, judgments, reasoning;
- Maintains calendar by entering and updating requirements, court dates, and meetings;
- Communicating and meeting with clients, accountants, financial and government institutions, as required;
- Strict adherence to firm’s Confidentiality Policy; and
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing educational opportunities; reading legal publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Wills and Estates Law Clerk.
- Strong working knowledge of the Estate Administration Act, Substitute Decisions Act, Succession Law Reform Act, and Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Strong drafting skills;
- Proficient accounting skills;
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills; and
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Candidates with the following skills/qualifications will be given preference:
- MTI Estate and Trust Professional designation;
- Completion of a College or similar Learning Institution Law Clerk/ Legal Assistant Certificate or Diploma;
- Completion of ILCO Law Clerk Certificate; and
- Familiarity with Estate-A-Base, Emergent Technologies Estate Planning & Vault Manager, Estate Administration, Estate Accounting & Tax, EsiLaw, ACL, QuckLaw, Acrobat, and Primafact;.
Job Type: Full-Time