We welcome great talent, if you if wish to send us your resume for consideration for a future role not yet posted, we would be pleased to review it.
Open Administrative Positions:
Role Legal Assistant: Corporate and Commercial ( 3 – 5 years experience)
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking incorporation’s, organizations and re-organizations of corporations
- Maintaining annual resolutions
- Managing asset and share transactions
- Liaising directly with clients
- Related administrative work
- Monthly Billing of Accounts
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College Diploma and experience in a corporate services department of a large corporate law firm or equivalent experience an asset
- Able to prioritize work
- Ability to manage constantly conflicting and changing priorities
- Detailed orientated and able to handle multiple tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Demonstrated diplomacy and tact in difficult situations
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Maturity, consistency of approach and ability to relate to all levels within the firm.
- Familiarity with Corporate Law software.
To Apply for this Job:
Apply by sending email to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in our Firm.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide accommodations in line with the AODA and HRC throughout the recruitment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Legal position/s:
Open Administrative positions:
Law Clerk: Wills and Estates
Lancaster Brooks & Welch LLP is seeking a candidate for the position of Wills and Estates Law Clerk.
- Administration of Estates and Trusts;
- Prepares legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for legal forms and documents, including SCJ Applications, documents, Briefs, Factums, Books of Authorities, and other pleadings, for use at Applications for Certificates of Appointment, Passing of Accounts, Examinations, Pre-Trial Conferences, Trials, Appeals, and other attendances;
- Assembles precedent and case materials by collecting, organizing, and summarizing information, documents, reports, evidence, statues, regulations, and court opinions, judgments, reasoning;
- Maintains calendar by entering and updating requirements, court dates, and meetings;
- Communicating and meeting with clients, accountants, financial and government institutions, as required;
- Strict adherence to firm’s Confidentiality Policy; and
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing educational opportunities; reading legal publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Wills and Estates Law Clerk.
- Strong working knowledge of the Estate Administration Act, Substitute Decisions Act, Succession Law Reform Act, and Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Strong drafting skills;
- Proficient accounting skills;
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills; and
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Candidates with the following skills/qualifications will be given preference:
- MTI Estate and Trust Professional designation;
- Completion of a College or similar Learning Institution Law Clerk/ Legal Assistant Certificate or Diploma;
- Completion of ILCO Law Clerk Certificate; and
- Familiarity with Estate-A-Base, Emergent Technologies Estate Planning & Vault Manager, Estate Administration, Estate Accounting & Tax, EsiLaw, ACL, QuckLaw, Acrobat, and Primafact;.
Job Type: Full-Time