Lancaster Brooks & Welch LLP are expanding and we are interested in speaking to experienced lawyers (3 + years) who wish to benefit from the stature and reputation of working in Niagara’s oldest law firm, while enjoying a unique and attractive lifestyle that the Niagara region can offer.
We are highly respected, distinguished, and engaged in our community. If you wish to discuss an opportunity to join our firm please consider the following:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide accommodations in line with the AODA and HRC throughout the recruitment and selection process. Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process please contact us at email@example.com
Every day, the team at LBW puts forward its best practices, resources, and abilities in order to serve our clients. Our firm focuses on delivering premium professional legal services in most major practice areas.
The Partners at Lancaster Brooks & Welch LLP, look for professionals who are committed to the practice of law, and who have a success mindset.
We expect someone who strives to be a leading lawyer in this region, and someone who understands a work/life balance including giving back to this great community we call home.
As a lawyer with Lancaster Brooks & Welch LLP, You will be part of one of the top legal teams within Niagara.
As a team member you can expect mentorship and practice development and an investment in your success.
A positive firm culture that is client and future focused, with a proud history of serving Niagara’s legal needs since 1882.
If you think you’re the right fit, and you would like to join our team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Legal Positions
Lancaster, Brooks & Welch LLP is seeking an experienced corporate commercial lawyer to join its thriving Corporate Commercial Law Group.
This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership, development, and mentorship. This is an excellent opportunity for the entrepreneurial lawyer. The candidate should have an enthusiastic and responsive approach to client requirements and excellent people skills.
The successful candidate will have:
A desire to do great work, and be recognized for it. The successful candidate for this role will be well versed in corporate, commercial and may have a working knowledge of estate law and real estate law. This role will appeal to someone who has a passion for continuous improvement and service excellence, who wants to be part of a small team – someone who wants to grow with us.
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada;
- B or J.D. from a recognized Canadian institution with excellent academic credentials;
- 1-5 years of experience in Business Law, including mergers and acquisitions, leasing, financing and corporate restructuring, estate and real estate law gained from another leading law firm or top-tier boutique.
- A pragmatic and clear communication style with strong drafting skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and proven success in building client relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team Ability to handle a high volume of work
- Self-confidence, motivated, and the ability to network and problem solve;
- Excellent research and communication skills (verbal & written);
- Keen attention to detail and able to meet tight deadlines;
- A working knowledge of wills and estates law is an asset;
Interested candidates can submit their application (cover letter, resume and law school transcripts) to: Careers Department email@example.com
Based in downtown St Catharines, Lancaster, Brooks & Welch LLP is recognized as a top regional law firm that has been serving the legal needs of this community for 135 years. Visit lbwlawyers.com
We thank all candidates for their response, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Litigation Associate – St Catharines Office
(minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience)
Are you ready to take your next step in your legal career? Join LBW’s Litigation Department in our St Catharines office to work alongside the best and brightest legal minds, advising on and solving civil, commercial, construction and estate litigation.
Responsibilities will include:
In this role, you will be assigned your own work as well as assisting senior counsel with litigation matters. Preparation of pleadings, motion materials and legal research. Court appearances and attendances with clients, experts and witnesses. Excellent drafting skills are essential.
Once you have successfully joined this law firm’s team, you can expect to work on litigation files, and receive the career experience associated with working at a top firm. Our firm offers opportunities for advancement and great mentorship from some of Ontario’s top litigators, all in a collegial atmosphere.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3 to 5 years of commercial litigation experience;
- significant court and drafting skills;
- superior academic credentials;
- in good standing with LSO;
- excellent research and writing skills;
- strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time employment
Salary: Competitive Salary
To Apply for this Job: Apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org siting this role.